Pristine Property Maintenance Limited (‘our company’, ‘PPM’, ‘management’, ‘us’, or ‘we’) is committed to protecting the privacy of our current and potential clients, current and potential employees, current and potential suppliers, as well as visitors to our website. Our company works hard to build trust with all the numerous people that we do business with as we value you in whatever capacity it is that we have together built loyalty.
What is ‘Information’?
Personal information refers to any information about an identifiable individual. This includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, birth date, SIN number, salary details, or e-mail address. Through your capacity of dealing with our company, you may provide us with personal information in a variety of ways, such as applying for a position of employment or requesting a quotation for a job or property. From time to time, our company may make available to visitors to our website the chance to enter contests or draws at which point we will request personal information. In every case, our company adheres to strict guidelines when dealing with your personal information.
Business or competitive information refers to any information about the workings or supply of our business or yours of which, if possessed by another party, would give them competitive advantage. This includes confidential information about the company itself, financial details, cost structures, business projections, business plan details, any information received in the form of a ‘Request for Proposal’ or ‘Request for Quotation’. We assure our potential or current suppliers that any information they provide to us in the form of a quotation will not be shared with other parties, most certainly including other companies who may be able to use the information for their own interests.
Our company collects and uses internally information for two purposes: primary and secondary. Primary purposes are those purposes that are operational and are absolutely necessary for us to be able to provide the products and/or services that you request from us or to manage and pay employees. For example, a primary purpose for our collecting your SIN number is to ensure that we can pay you as an employee. Secondary purposes are any purposes that are over and above the primary/operational purposes, like sending you communications that may include notifications of upcoming events, special dates, holiday cards, or likewise.
Collecting Your Information
- We obtain your consent for the collection of your personal information. In some instances, where the purpose for collection is obvious, your consent is implied.
- We will ask for your permission to collect additional information that may be useful in serving you in the future. Again, it will always be obvious to you why we are collecting certain information.
- We do not condone any sort of criminal behaviour whatsoever and are obliged by law to report such to the appropriate authorities at the earliest possible opportunity. This includes the offering of bribes or something similar of the like in order to give yourself or your business an advantage which would not be offered to other companies in the same circumstances prior to the offering of a bribe or something similar of the like.
Using and Disclosing Your Information
- We only use and disclose your information for internal purposes identified to you when your consent is obtained.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with regards to marketing for our company unless we are explicitly informed by you that you do not wish to receive such information in which case we will not contact you for such purposes.
- We do not provide your information for marketing purposes of other organizations under any circumstances. We will never sell or rent your information to third party groups who may solicit such.
- You can withdraw your consent for the use of your information at any time, subject to legal restrictions and upon reasonable notice to us. We will let you know of the implications of withdrawing your consent. Information may be retained by us for audit or archival purposes.
Maintaining and Safeguarding Your Information
- We strive to ensure that our security measures protect against loss, theft and unauthorized access, disclosure, use or modification of your personal information. You should be aware that there are from time to time, issues and leaks within organizations that are beyond management’s control in which case we cannot be held responsible if we have taken the proper precautions.
- We limit access to your information to any associate of our company who may need it for use in accordance with these established privacy principles.
- We keep your information for as long as necessary and in order to service you better.
Your Entitlements to Your Information
- If you request access to your information, we will respond to your request within 30 calendar days.
- There is no cost for reasonable requests unless you require copies of records.
- We advise you of the cost, if any, prior to copying those records.
- We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information where the information cannot be separated from the records of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or business confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege.
Website Privacy Information
Pristine Property Maintenance Limited (‘our company’, ‘PPM’, ‘management’, ‘us’, or ‘we’) owns and operates www.pristineproperty.ca (‘this website’, ‘our website’, or ‘our site’). Our company has been a long-standing member of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) and we adhere to its Code of Ethics. This website strives to protect your information. Our website is an extension of the way in which we do business. As such, we use the same guidelines for the collection of information on our site as we do throughout the rest of our company.
Security of Transactions
For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information (including your credit card number) by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once the website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
This website reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial, national, and international authorities in investigations of improper or unlawful activities and this may require the disclosure of your information to these authorities. We may also report to other organizations about improper or unlawful user activities on this website and this reporting may include disclosure of your information relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
Cookies and Web Beacons